GMU has a semester program through the Smithsonian Conservation and Research Center in Front Royal, VA and some of Andy's students participate in said program. We joined them on a field trip to see the Center and learn a little about what they do!
The most exciting part was getting to see the baby clouded leopards!! Cora wasn't allowed to go in for whatever reason, but she isn't old enough to appreciate how cool it is anyway, so it was no big deal.

Instead she stayed outside and hung out on the bike rack.

Front Royal is so beautiful! I want to move there!

There is all kinds of historical stuff where the Center is located. I think that horses were trained for the army there. I can't remember exactly as I wasn't able to pay too close attention since Cora was going all over the place. However, I do remember that these headstones are where horse heads are buried.



Not a very insightful blog, I know, but we didn't stay too long (Cora and I, that is) and thus didn't get too much information. It sure was beautiful, though!!