I haven't been a very good blogger lately. So here is a belated blog!
In January, I flew down to Louisiana and helped host a baby shower for Melissa! The trip was WAY too fast and I didn't get to see most of the people I would have liked to have seen, but the baby shower was my reason for being there, so there you have it!
Melissa, who is due any day now, was looking to me like she was due any day then! But now that boy is just taking his time and relaxing in-utero. But I digress....
I was not the only host of the lovely party! The other hosts, seen here, were Melissa's major professor, Nancy, friends Carey and Mary, and her sister-in-law, Anna!
There was lots of yummy food and drink, of course, and lots of color! I insisted that we not have a "blue boy" shower, and we didn't!
Carey and Mary co-made a delicious salad and Carey's Grandpa's fruit punch, of which I drank about 20 cups. Later that night, I realized that the amount of sugar I consumed probably wasn't the most healthy thing for my own baby, but it was too late by that point. And the punch was just so good!!!
I don't know what she looks like NOW, but here's what Melissa looked like on January 9, 2010. The "basketball belly" was rockin' big time.
Jane came to the party too, and also helped out by bringing a bunch of much-needed chairs. So many guests came, as Melissa is a very popular girl, and seating was scarce! So thanks, Jane, for bringing those chairs!!
Of course, one of my favorite foods was the petite fours (however you spell it) that Nancy brought. They were SO GOOD, on par with the punch, I'd have to say. And look how cute! Yes, I did allow some baby boy blue stuff.
I'm showing a lot more now than I was then. The period between my 20 and 24 week checkup, which took place after this baby shower, was a big growth spurt for me.
After everyone left, Melissa, Anna and I sorted through all the loot and organized it as much as we could. I wish their baby room would inspire me to get my act together and get our nursery ready! But that just isn't happening yet. Andy and I do not have the organizational skills that Melissa and Joe do!
It was such a joy to help host a shower for Melissa and Joe's first baby! They, along with other friends, are throwing a shower for us in March!! Babies all over the place!