February 28, 2010

The Roswell Mill

Yesterday was beautiful, so Andy and I went back out to the same hiking area we went to last weekend with my parents, but went the opposite direction. We discovered a really cute neighborhood of old mill houses and fancy new town-homes in Roswell, and then made our way to the old Roswell Mill. It was a cotton mill and they also made fabrics or something there. I didn't do a good job of reading all the informational postings they had up. It was neat, though! Here are some remnants of the old mill...



The is the "chute". That was the only part that I read..so informative, I know.
There's the dam..

The covered bridge was not part of the original mill. Andy said it was built about six years ago or something. It's cool, though!
We were finally able to let the dogs off their leashes so they could run free. This weekend, Lucy ran wild but Moose took it easy. He had a big morning at the vets where he was informed that he is fat (so is Henry, big surprise) and needs to lose weight. He's actually lost three pounds since our last visit! We've got to cut back on his food intake even more than we already have, so he should be back to his old svelte self in no time!