This past weekend, Mom and Dad came to stay with us for a few nights and help us get together some semblance of a nursery for Big Baby. We shopped til' I put on my cranky pants and then shopped some more. And ended up with all kinds of awesome stuff, cranky pants be damned!
First off, I would like to show you the mass amounts of clothes Big Baby already has. The girl will soon rival her mother in clothing quantity.
And NOW, she and her lovely cousin, Evie, have matching outfits! These outfits will be put on both girls when Evie, Claire and Jim come visit in June and many pictures will be taken, because they will be adorable!
Mom and Dad brought us the cradle that they used for us when we were kids, at least I know they used it for Claire...It's been used as a magazine container for as long as I can remember, so we'll get a cushion and put it back to its original use soon! Here you see the cradle serving as a "bunch of crap we got for the nursery from Ikea" container.
Doodoo and the Pelican met, and it was love at first sight. We all know what the most awesome state bird is, so I don't need to go into that.
After nixing the Ikea cribs, Mom and Dad generously got us this beautiful crib with matching changing table! Andy and Dad put it together, following the directions very carefully. OK, Dad followed the directions carefully.
TA-DAH! A beautiful crib!
After the crib was assembled, we decided to have some fun and took a hike because it was a beautiful day out for once! We threw the mutts in the back of the Yukon and headed down the road.
My mother, the hiker extraordinare, took off down a treacherous trail leading us into certain danger and death. Or at least Dad and Andy's protests would lead one to believe this...
All the vigorous hiking nearly knocked Dad out, but he pushed on! He's been sick, so he's got a good excuse for being winded.
I'm looking more and more rotund these days, and was informed by the doctor at a checkup today that I'll be getting quite a bit bigger. Joy. I now outweigh Skinny Minnie, otherwise known as my husband.
It was sad to have to say goodbye to my parents AND to have to go to work at the same time. I wish we lived closer to each other, but the drive isn't too bad. It could be worse. We could have moved to Michigan.