December 4, 2008

Thanksgiving in Tallulah

Disclaimer: Some of these pictures are Will's. Thanks, Will!

Thanksgiving has come and gone, along with almost another year. Andy and I loaded up the dogs (the cats were boarded - sorry guys!) and road-tripped to Tallulah. Upon our arrival, the gluttony began. Unluckily (or maybe luckily) for me, I got some kind of stomach bug that the whole family I babysit for had as well, and couldn't really eat for two days.
Will flew in from Omaha, and we missed Claire and Jim greatly. Our family would have been complete had they been there! Anyway, back to the food. The first night, Mom made some kind of meat that was delicious.


The Thanksgiving turkey, all 23 pounds of it, was thawing in a bucket of water on the kitchen floor. The dogs were fascinated by this gigantic bird and tried mightily to drink the water and sniff at it as much as possible.



Turkeys with the turkey.



The first full day we were in Tallulah, I got sick and Dad and Will went to Monroe to buy......

THIS!



Yes, our father is now the proud owner of a 46" flat-screen television which sits boldly in the new room, showing off its high-quality color and HD fabulousness.



If you buy this 46" beast, your married life will be perfect bliss. The box says so.



I don't know much more about what went on that day, due to my being sick and all. I think Andy and Will made a trip to Vicksburg to buy me birthday presents. Which leads us to THE BIRTHDAY!!!
Will and I have the same birthday, I am 3 years older. This year, our birthday fell on Thanksgiving day, which is always fun. It used to be so much fun when Dad's side of the family would all come for Thanksgiving and we'd have a big birthday celebration along with it. Ahhh, those were the days. The birthday began with the obligatory birthday breakfast, complete with scrambled eggs (I mustered up the strength to cook them. I'm such a trooper.), Mom's biscuits, bacon (the sausage was deemed inedible) and grits! Mmmmmm.



Breakfast was followed, of course, by PRESENTS!! YAY!!!



He's 27, I'm 30. And our birthdays still get blown way our of proportion. It's awesome.



Finally, dinner time came around. This is what we had: gravy, turkey, stuffing, apple and sweet potato stuff, salad, green beans, cranberries, pecan pie and Birthday cake!



Mom and THE BIRD

Serve it up, DAD!


Deep breath....now inhale!!
As I said, after dinner we had BIRTHDAY CAKE (mom's famous carrot cake - delicious as ever).

And my fabulous and delicious pecan pie! All thanks to Grandmom's recipe!



This is how we clean the plates, clean the plates, clean the plates.....


The end!