December 28, 2008

Christmas With the Hoefers

Andy and I spent Christmas with his family this year in Sumter. There was, as usual, lots going on but it was a lot of fun! We had an event every evening: Debutante Ball, The Wrap, Christmas Eve at Julia's house and finally, Christmas Day!

CHRISTMAS DAY:

Andy, Paul and I got their parents an outdoor fireplace for Christmas. On Christmas morning, Andy got up and put it together. It was more of a pain than expected, but whatever, he got it done.

Nancy made fresh-squeezed orange juice from oranges sent by Mom and Dad (I think they were better this year than any year in the past I can remember) and a few things for us to eat before breakfast.
And then, it was present time!!!




I got lots of great stuff, including tickets to go see Lucinda Williams here in Atlanta. I can't wait!!!

The aftermath....

After we finished unwrapping all our presents and getting cleaned up, we headed to Columbia to spend the day at Granny's house with some of Anthony's family.
Here, Andy and John discuss something of utmost importance.

Paul, John, Andy and WillBusy in the kitchen preparing lunch!



The meal was delicious and the visit was a success! I had a wonderful second Christmas with the Hoefers and look forward to many more!