December 28, 2008

Debutante Ball in Sumter

A few days before Christmas this year, we attended Emily's Debutante Ball in Sumter. It was fun! I've never been to a Debutante anything before, so it was interesting to see. I still don't quite see the point behind all of it, but Emily looked beautiful and had fun, so that's all that matters!

Here are the Hoefer children plus one in our finest at the Sumter Country Club. Lah dee dah!!
Paul, Andy and Anthony looking dapper. I love this picture!

Emily and Nancy had to line up and "receive" people as they came in to the ball.

After all the receiving was complete, the people running the show shut the lights on and off about 20 times until the attendees all decided to go to the ballroom and we sat down for a fairly good dinner. Before dinner, however, the Debutantes walked out with their escorts (Emily's escorts were her friends Matt and David) and curtsied low to the ground to their mothers. Then, there was something to do with the dads. I'm getting all mixed up. Anyway, after all the presenting ended, the band started playing and the dancing commenced!





It was cold and I wore Virginia's mink stole that has her name embroidered on the inside. I felt very glamorous!