
You may remember my rantings and ravings of a year ago when I was wrongly timed as running WAY slower in the Mardi Gras Marathon 5K race in New Orleans than I actually did. If you missed it, here you are: http://andyandkates.blogspot.com/2007_03_01_archive.html
Luckily, I was allowed to complain and did so, and my time was corrected and is still posted. I know this because I just looked it up the other day. Just because.
ANYWAY, that was last year. This is this year! Andy and I are sucking it up and running the half marathon! Our friend, Jessica, has been urging us on, and the three of us will be participating in the race next weekend, February 24th!
I am psyched because it's a new course! This year, the first half of the race will go up St. Charles to Audubon Park, a route which is beautiful and one I absolutely love! Normally, the marathoners get to run that route after the half-marathoners have finished. And according to the website, there will be bands all along the route! I'm going to try and get a small disposable camera to snap shots while I run. It'll distract me some from the fact that I'm running that far.
So, YAY US!