December 15, 2007

Christmas with the Baustians

This was the second year that Melissa, Joe, Andy and I have celebrated pre-Christmas together and we quite think it's a great tradition!
This year, I got high tech with my decorations and food. We brought out the Spode Christmas plates, generously given to us last Christmas by Claire and Jim who just didn't appreciate their awesomeness.
Mom gave us a quilted table runner and a bunch of Christmasy place mats and napkins.


That's all good and fun, but the most important part of this blog is the food. I pulled out all the stops this year and was a bit adventurous. I made, in honor of my family's Christmas tradition, Yorkshire Pudding and a ROAST!!! It wasn't the standing rib roast like Mom makes, since that's too expensive, and therefore the Yorkshire Pudding didn't have the roast drippings in it, BUT it was a total success and all DELICIOUS! A culinary triumph!!!

Yorkshire Pudding

Delicious rump roast - PERFECT!

We exchanged gifts, though Melissa and Joe's real gift hadn't arrived yet, so we had to give them something else in the meantime. But anyway, Melissa and Joe gave Andy something we have been talking about getting for a while now: Chapters 13 - 22 of R-Kelly's Trapped in the Closet. The twisted web of insanity gets more and more twisted!!!



Happy Holidays!