After spending a lovely week in Sumter with her grandparents and Aunt, little Miss. Cora got Christened. Lots of people came for the occasion! She, or maybe it was I, was most excited to see her Lala and Grandpa, who drove all the way from Louisiana!

As I've said several times before in several other blogs, Cora wore her great-grandfather's christening dress for her christening. Her Nana knows someone who was able to clean it up and fix some of the rips and tears in it. It looked beautiful!!


I obviously didn't help put it on her at all. But I think that's a better job for the grandmothers to do anyway!


Even great-aunt Julia helped! There were lots of ties on that thing. It was a multiple-person job getting it on her.


Cora's church-recognized godparents are her Uncle Paul and Aunt Emily! Her godparents not recognized by the church are her Uncle Will and Aunt Claire! The church may not recognize them, but WE do and that's what matters!


Cora slept through the entire service, including getting water put on her head and being paraded up and down the church aisle. It was awesome. She woke up for pictures afterwards, though!


The christening after-party was in full swing by the time we got there. All kinds of great-aunts and uncles were present, among others! She got to meet her great-aunt Ashley and her great-uncle John!





And then, I made everyone take pictures whether they liked it or not. Cora slept through that too.




Later that same day, we stopped celebrating Cora, and started celebrating Andy, as it was his birthday! It was so fun being with family right before we made the final move to Virginia (the next day!)


