When you think of Thanksgiving, does it involve pitchers of steaming hot gravy and tubs of fruit chiffon? Thanksgiving with the Hoefer family does!
It also involves lots of other good food, including Nancy's delicious crispy biscuits and someone else's delicious macaroni and cheese, of which I had several servings. The deserts were fabulous too, my favorite being Ashley's caramel pound cake or something to that extent. I had more than several servings of that.
There was a crowd of, I believe, 38 people at the beach house Thanksgiving this year. Most of the family was there, and it was bustling, boisterous and fun as usual! The "kids" were relegated to the porch, while the senior family members sat at the main table, with Granny at the head, of course! I ended up somewhere in the middle, in a spot that put me near the action, but out of the main thoroughfare. Andy was chastised by his uncles for not fixing his pregnant wife a plate, but I let it slide. I know how Andy feels about food.
Unlike the first Hoefer Thanksgiving I attended, this year I managed not to fall on my face on the pier and spill my drink all over myself in front of every single Hoefer brother. Actually, I didn't even make it out to the pier this year!
I did, however, force Andy to walk with me to the beach so I could dip my toes in the healing waters of the Atlantic. You can't go to the beach house and NOT go to the beach! That's just absurd!
Thanks to Emily for letting me take her camera and document some of the fun Thanksgiving with the Hoefer family!