I may have explained this before, but I will explain it again just because I want to: My life is planned around football. When Andy and I began going to each others homes for the two major holidays (Thanksgiving and Christmas), he arranged whose home we would be going to based on when South Carolina would be playing Clemson in Columbia. Because we can't miss that game. Oh no.
HENCE, our trip to Sumter to stay with the Hoefers for Thanksgiving! (I need to get the Thanksgiving day pics from Emily because I forgot my camera that day...)
While in Sumter, we visited Andy's friend, Macaulay and her baby B! B was an awesome baby! She was so happy that we gave her a paper bag for Christmas and enjoyed slobbering on it thoroughly.
Later that same day, we celebrated my birthday! I turned a young and vibrant 31 this year. And got lots of good presents from my generous family (Carpenter and Hoefer). Yay for birthdays!
The day after my birthday was the big game day. We got to see Andy's friend, Wade, whilst tailgating, which is always a nice thing. Wade is good. I like Wade.
We ate lots of the sausage roll things Nancy brought. Those things are delicious.
And then, we went to the game. We were sitting in a majority Clemson section, or near one at least. There was lots of orange. Lots. The day was BEAUTIFUL, and I forgot my sunglasses. Ok, really I was embarrassed to wear my sunglasses over my sightglasses and it was either be able to see and be blinded by the sun or be able to see and look like a giant goob. I chose the former.
It got really hot there in our seats too. I was gazing longingly over at the shaded half of the stadium wishing I could be there shivering in my heavy jacket with gloves on rather than feeling like I would soon have to rip off my turtleneck and sweat profusely all over the pouting teenage Clemson fan sitting in front of us.
There's the final score! Gamecocks won!
And Andy was quite proud, though my camera couldn't quite get the scoreboard in there visibly. I'm still figuring this thing out.
It was a wonderful trip to South Carolina! I love visiting the Hoefers and hopefully will soon post pics from our fun Thanksgiving day at the beach house!
Think tubs of fruit chiffon and pitchers of steaming hot gravy.