This weekend, Andy's longtime friend since High School and the recipient (nearly in the face) of my wedding bouquet, Carrie, got married to wonderful Whit! We like to think that my beautiful bouquet began her journey to finding Whit, though from some of the toasts at the wedding reception, our claims to their union would probably be disputed.
Their good friends, Cary, Amanda and Jason came to join in the celebration! They've all known each other since High School/Governor's School as well! Cary stayed with us in our swanky second bedroom, while Jason and Amanda stayed in the probably not quite as swanky W Hotel in Midtown.
One of Andy's Governor's School students, Thomas, was there as well with his nice date. It was fun to meet them!
The wedding reception was at the Atlanta Driving Club, a very swanky place right by Piedmont Park in Midtown. I didn't get many good pictures, but they had these fabulous centerpieces, and a very good band! At one point, Whit and his current band played a couple songs and then Whit and his former band from New York played! I had heard the current band before, but never the former, and they were awesome!
The cake was decadent and we are still discussing whether or not the bow was edible.
I felt and looked like I ate a whole wedding cake myself that night.
Our quiet side room was flooded with people and noise when the bride and groom came in to cut the cake. Carrie's dress was beautiful! Even though this picture isn't great, I think it's so sweet with Whit wiping cake off of her face.
This morning, we were invited to join the "out-of-towners" for a brunch at some restaurant that is in an old Firehouse! It was yummy and good!
We had such fun with Amanda, Cary and Jason and hope to see them again soon! Carrie and Whit's wedding was beautiful and fun and I can't wait to find out what the mystery honeymoon is! Her clues were something like: "the people don't talk like us" and "bring something you can wear at the beach". Sounds fabulous!!