This summer, Andy and I were fortunate to be able to go to Sullivan's Island, SC with his family twice! Here are some pics of our fun times!
Out to dinner
Sunset with the new bridge in the background
On the first day of our most recent visit (4th of July weekend) we went to a baseball game at the Charleston team's field! I was concerned that it would be miserably hot, but the temperature gave us a break and it was so pleasant! I think the name of the team is the Riverdogs? Corndogs?
This is the view from the baseball stadium in Charleston. I got to watch a gorgeous sunset over the marsh!
On the 4th of July, we went over to Dewees Island where Andy's aunt and uncle have a beach house. Words can not describe how awesome that place is. Their house and Dewees Island! They have strict rules about preserving the natural environment, so basically they're all living in a gorgeous marsh. Scott, Andy's Uncle, designed their house and it is fabulous. We took the ferry over - you have to have a pass/invitation to go over there - very exclusive indeed!
Lisa met us at the island in her festively decorated golf cart. There are no paved roads on Dewees and the only motorized vehicles allowed are golf carts.
Lisa took us out in the golf cart to get a better view of the Island. Again, it is just so beautiful. We saw two alligators, and until just the day before we arrived, there had been two hanging out in their "front yard"!
Finally, here are some random other pictures I took.