January 18, 2009

Terracotta Armies in the Snow

Yesterday, Jeff and Jane joined us for a visit to the High Museum of Art in Atlanta to go to the China's Terracotta Army exhibit. It was a really cool exhibit; very thought provoking and left many questions unanswered. Questions that were perfect to pose over a few beers and some potato chips smothered in blue cheese dressing and bacon bits.

I wasn't allowed to take pictures at the exhibit (though other people were, I am a law-abiding citizen) so don't expect any in this blog. This blog is really about after we left the exhibit and walked out of the museum into the snow! It was snowing big fat flakes and we were all really excited! Maybe I was more excited than other people, but I think that there were still a general feeling of excitement over the snow that went beyond me.

So we took pictures! I assure you, Andy was not drugged. He just couldn't seem to keep his eyes open for the pictures!
His black fleece was a perfect backdrop for the snow, though!
We posed (or Jeff and Jane were forced to pose) for a few more pictures, and then we moved on to the warmth of the car and then the bar and then the restaurant.
Unfortunately, there wasn't enough snow to make much more than a film on the ground that quickly melted, but whatever. Fun times!!