
On New Years day, the Kemps and Hoefers got themselves together, after feasting upon collard greens and hoppin john, and went to the Georgia Aquarium! I hadn't gotten my member card yet, so we went up, they sent me to one desk who sent me to another desk, and long story short, we got four of us in there for free because no one charged us! SWEET!

It was packed.

The main attraction was Whale Sharks. They were AWESOME.


Whale Sharks are filter feeders and have five pairs of gills. The place was so packed I didn't really get to look at all the information they put up, so that's all I gleamed from the exhibit. I'm going to go back and do a more thorough visit of the aquarium, though.





It's a huge aquarium, with a good bit of interactive stuff, like various touch pools.

This is the aquarium that Jessica would like to have in her house. I want the big one with the whale sharks in my house. Whenever Andy gets his high paying college professor job...

We saw one of the beluga whales that they have there. This is the male, and at the time he was posturing to the females who were out of view that he did not want them in the tank with him at the time. That a-hole. He was way cool to watch, though!

One of the cutest exhibits at the aquarium, and anywhere (such as out in the wild in Alaska) were the sea otters. They were high action so we didn't get very good pictures, but at one point, one of them got out of the water and was hanging out by the window next to this cute little boy, so it was EXTRA weakness from being so cute inducing.



The river fish section was dark and kind of cool. It's so different from all the bright colors of the tropical water fish sections.






At the very end of the last section we went into, there was another big cool tank.

This baby was in awe of the fish. It was really fun to watch him. I think his mom didn't like me taking pictures of him, though. Too bad!


When we left, it was dusk in Atlanta!