November 24, 2010

The Air and Space Museum @ Dulles

On Dad's last day of visiting, we went to the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum out by the Dulles Airport near us. They put all the stuff they couldn't fit into the museum at the Mall out there. It was so cool!! Dad had read about it in his Air and Space magazines and wanted to check it out. I'm glad we did!




We started out on a tour, but the guy was taking forever on each plane and then Cora needed to eat so we quit going along with the tour. It was interesting while we lasted, though. Take the tour, I always say!




The plane below attempted flight a couple months before the Wright brothers successfully flew for the first time.
DAD posing with the Enola Gay.
There were so many planes. It was amazing.






I don't really have a whole lot to say about this museum as I don't know much about planes. But it was quite impressive and I'm really glad we went!