April 7, 2009

Sullivan's Island in April

Last weekend, Andy and I were registered to run the Cooper River Bridge Run in Charleston, so we went and stayed on Sullivan's Island with his family for a couple nights. I warn that this will be a very dog-centric blog as I promised Nancy that I would not post the picture I took of her. I need to get better about taking pictures when we're with the Hoefers!!

Andy and I arrived at Sullivan's Island on Friday afternoon and soon after went for a walk on the beach.




After our walk, we went to Poe's for some beer! It was such a beautiful day and the beers were good!



In the early AM, dogs are allowed on the beach, so Andy and I took Moose and Lucy for a romp on our last day on the island. You may notice I've skipped a day here. I foolishly didn't take my camera on our race. It would have led to some great pictures and I regret that decision, but oh well. NEXT YEAR I will take the camera on the race no matter what!!

Lucy wasn't so sure about all the other dogs. Shocking, I know.
This house is on the beach where we went for the dog day.




Moose and Lucy loved the beach!! This was their second beach experience. For the second time, Moose drank a whole lot of sea water and was regretting it later on.
We've got to get permits for the dogs to be on the beach next time we visit (this summer!) because we were warned by a "local" that we'd get a $500 fine if the Sullivan's Island Beach PD busted us with illegal dogs at the beach. Sullivan's Island has got some ridiculous rules.



Sadly, we had to leave because of our obligations to real life. We had such a wonderful time with the Hoefers and are looking forward to visiting Sullivan's Island this summer!