The evening after our romp in Piedmont Park, Andy, Melissa and I headed to the Atlanta Botanical Garden. Every Thursday of this month, they're having a Fest-of-Ale and Scarecrows in the Garden event. It was really cool! I love botanical gardens. Andy will probably stop going to them with me because I'll stay so long.
Fall is coming quickly in Atlanta!
It was about at this point (5 minutes into our visit) that Andy said to Melissa that I don't move very fast at Botanical Gardens. Humph!
The children's garden was so much fun! There was a giant hungry caterpillar.
It ate, but quickly regurgitated, Melissa! She was too salty from spending so much time in the Gulf.
The children's garden was magical! We turned into butterflies!
And then into pitcher plants!
Here are some real pitcher plants. They're so cool...
The gnomes told Melissa all their deep dark secrets.
In the central garden area is where we found the Fest-of-Ale and the live music. It was beautiful! There was a swirly glass thingy like the ones we saw in London in the middle of the fountain.
We learned from these guys how to make beer. I didn't pay much attention, though, so don't ask me how.
We tried the various types of hops. I think that's what they were.
And watched the fermenter.
And finally, we learned how to bottle and cap the beer! I'm not quite as psycho as I look in this picture.


We drank a couple beers, ran into our friends Matt and Jen, and then wandered through the gardens some more. The sun was setting and it was just a beautiful evening!





