October 31, 2007

A Horrible Halloween Experience by Lucy


Have you ever been so humiliated that you just about had to hide? This happened to me tonight. My MOM put this.....THING....on me and made me walk around in it! She was saying, "OH! Lucy, you're so cute! You're a Bumble Bee!" I am NOT a bumble bee! I don't even know what a bumble bee is! Last time I looked, I was a dog.

The humiliation was so great that I tried to hide behind Mom's legs, behind Melissa's legs, under the coffee table, and even attempted to jump in a stranger's car. I pleaded with them to take me away from this place where I was forced to wear ridiculous outfits, but they just acted like my Mom and said how "cute" I looked. What is wrong with these people?

Then, to top everything else, Mom made me pose for a picture. The last thing I wanted to do was have a picture taken of me in this getup! She had to push me to keep me on the porch. All I wanted to do was hide behind her so no one could see me! She wouldn't let me go inside with Moose who, incidentally, did NOT have a silly outfit on.

When Mom finally let me out of this bumble bee getup, I felt liberated! Life became much brighter and tolerable.

I heard her say something about me not having to wear it again until next year. And Dad mentioned something about an elf costume? HORRORS! Don't be surprised if I put myself up for adoption.